Re: [oletrucks] temp gauge

To: "T Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] temp gauge
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 18:15:24 -0700
Tom, if that sender is like others I've seen of the same design, it contains
some kind of alcohol, not mercury. It lools like a pipe thread so some type
of sealer is called for - Teflon tape would work, but the paste is better
because you don't want little pieces of tape ending up in your radiator
core.

Can't help you with the electric one. It seems to me an ohm meter would be
useful to determine if the sender is working, but all it would tell you on
the gauge is if you have continuity, but there may be a test I don't know
about.
Bob