Re: [oletrucks] '59 GMC stuck in 1st gear

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "Heather Bean" <bean@frii.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '59 GMC stuck in 1st gear
From: "Robert Baird" <bairdr54@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:22:50 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)
It sounds like you may have to pull the floor cover and remove the
transmission cover off of the transmission. Or just take the shift stick out
of the top of the transmission cover its not hard to do.  Remove the boot
from the top of the transmission push down on the retainer cap and turn
counterclockwise wise when pushing down, when released pull the shifter
stick out of the top cover . The end of the stick may be worn out if so it
will have to be welded and built up so it can be reformed to fit in the
shifter forks in the top of transmission cover or it could be broke of.
If you can't see anything wrong there then pull the top cover off of the
Transmission to see what it going on inside. Is this transmission an SM420
because that is what I was describing  I hope this helps