[oletrucks] Front End Options

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Front End Options
From: "Scot MacArthur" <scot.macarthur@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 20:31:34 -0700
Hello All,

I want to get power steering on my 55.5 1/2 ton with a 235 and at same time
I want to update the front suspension.  It seems like the parts to update
and install the power steering will be around $1k which makes me wonder if I
am better off with an IFS conversion but I do want the original ride height.
So here are my questions for anyone who may know.

Will a rebuilt front end with aftermarket power steering handle and steer
well in a high traffic, high speed highway (San Francisco HWY 101) type of
environment?

Are there any Mustang II kits that retain the original ride height and how
hard are they to install?

Same question for the Pacer front end plus how much should I expect to
rebuild that front end since is would likely be salvaged?

I would really appreciate any input or even some additional ideas.  I really
want to get this part right since my wife will have to drive the truck on
the freeway and that really makes me nervous.

Thanks Very Much,

Scot,
1955 2nd 1/2T Short Step