[oletrucks] 235 engine problems -continuing

To: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>, "oletrucks"
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems -continuing
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 14:44:52 -0800
Hi All,

I have a lead on an engine for my truck, but not sure it's the right one.

Stamped on the engine is the number 09856 23 F54 A.
The head has cast into it the number 3839848  underneath is GM17.

I can't find any references that look like these numbers. Can anyone tell me
if this is a 235 or a 218 or something all together different?

The motor mount setup is much different than on the pickup, but otherwise
looks the same as far as I can remember. It is currently on a '53 coupe,
don't know if that's original though.

Thanks,
Bob