[oletrucks] Re: 235 engine problems -continuing

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: 235 engine problems -continuing
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 17:53:48 -0800
Has anyone taken a 235 out of a Chevy Sedan and put it into a truck? I have
a lead on an engine that's in a '54 sedan. The front mounts are much
different than in the truck and I couldn't see any bolt holes toattach the
brackets from my old engine. Mike provided me a reference on casting numbers
and it appears from that there are different blocks for the trucks versus
the passenger cars. If I buy this engine, am I going to have trouble bolting
it down?

Thanks once again, you guys are fabulous and I wish you all a happy holiday
and a great new year!

Bob