[Oletrucks] brake conversion: tell me where i went wrong

To: old_chevroletgmctrucks <old_chevroletgmctrucks@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [Oletrucks] brake conversion: tell me where i went wrong
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 20:17:46 -0400
after 6 yrs of work, the 'duracell project' took it's maiden voyage. it was a
short but sweet ride. i almost forgot what it felt like to drive a classic. i
got more looks than a naked girl at the beach. =8-0

i ran into a problem with my brakes. front end is mustang II, rear end is an
89 firebird. disk brakes all around. 03 mustang hydroboost under floor with
original 58 pedal. 03 mustang proportioning valve. 2 lb residual valves (blue)
in front and rear lines. all new calipers, pads & rotors. all new stainless
lines. everything is new, get it? picture of hyroboost in my 58 frame

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/_ogre/?action=view&current=IMG_0275.
jpg

problem: brakes heat up and drag. truck is easy to roll around in the shop, no
noticable drag or noise coming from any brake. take it a mile and there is
noticable drag, a mile more (back to the shop) and it will stop by it's self.
as best as i can tell; all brakes are dragging. pedal come up all the way by
it's self. temp readings were around 350 F using an infrared thermo.

where did i mess up???

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn255/_ogre/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&;
current=1012091342.jpg

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...
When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and freaking out
like everyone else in the car.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222986/direct/01/