Re: [Oletrucks] Rebuild of 1951

To: "Bob Keeland" <keelandb@yahoo.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Rebuild of 1951
From: "james hays" <thomasind@nventure.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 20:11:25 -0700
Bob: Your truck - do as you want.

 Maybe of interest:

I have a 55-1st ( same as 54 ) & it came with 53 front sheet metal/grill -
wanted for 1st 3 yrs of build to go to 54 Chev sheet metal/grill ( had 54
GMC front sheet metal ) but the 54 Chev grills were not availably other than
finding / repairing / chroming for $1500~$2000 if you didn't have a good
core. Last 2 years now available as reproduction @ $750 so I have cheeried
out the GMC front fenders ( only differenance was re-drill of a couple of
inner fender to fender at grill opening - note was GMC fender with Chev
inner fenders ).

Going to pick up 54 Chev grill this month from Brothers - Corona, CA.
800-977-2767 - have ordered at $699 - price good until end of Jan.

Good luck,
Jim
55-1st PU