Re: [Oletrucks] Overheating 350 in my '58 Apache

To: <smokey@railops.com>, oletruck oletruck <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Overheating 350 in my '58 Apache
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 20:29:50 -0400
smokey

90f degrees with the ac running is going run warm.

try everything else suggested and then drive on.

you shouldn't be into trouble until your in the 240f range.

make sure your antifreeze solution is propper for those temps.

i had a 56 chevy bus with a 396 that ran 235f when it was 90f+ out in the
sun.

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...
When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not screaming and freaking out
like everyone else in the car.

> From: smokey@railops.com
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 15:21:48 -0500
> Subject: [Oletrucks] Overheating 350 in my '58 Apache
>
> Hey guys, I have a question about my '58 Apache. I have a small block 350,
> and can never keep the engine cool in the summer. When the ambient
> temperature reaches mid 90s the engine heats up to 220+. Stopped in traffic
> I have to turn the air conditioner off and sometimes run the heater just to
> keep it from boiling over. At night it runs cool. I have installed an
> aluminum radiator and a big electric fan, and don't know what else to do.
> One mechanic told me that the shape of the hood keeps the hot air inside
the
> engine compartment, but I don't buy that. Anyone else had such a problem?
>

> Thanks!
>

> Smokey Culver
>
> League City, Texas
>
> 1950 3600 5-window Jitterbug
>
> 1958 Apache The Chick Truck

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

Oletrucks@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive