Re: [Oletrucks] dextron vs mercon

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] dextron vs mercon
From: "jay" <ajt@embarqmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 16:03:23 -0500
My turn to jump in here...

I am not a tranny man but my ex-bro-inlaw has done nothing except build trannys
since before he was released from High School....
about 30 years of building t's.

He always used F%$* tranny fluid in stock daily drivers. That type lets the
clutches grab quicker reducing the smooth slip/grip. I
was told that the quicker the grab the less heat and ware prolonged the life
surface of the clutches.

Now,, to racing trannys and off road trannys: Same story.

Just before Alan passed on I was running a 10 second powerglide with e-Brake, I
launched from the line at 6K rpm. The first 68 feet
the front tires were off the ground about 2-5 inches. When I first got the
tranny I used B&M fluid.... he made me change to F&^%
fluid... yes it did help, stayed cleaner longer and didn't have a failure for 3
years on that powerglide..

In closing I will always use F$&$ fluid!

Jay

"When  In Doubt, Empty The Magazine"

http://stores.ebay.com/World-of-JCT?refid=store
 NEW Forum-> http://www.jctworld.us/forum/
1/87 model trucks-come join-> Subscribe: