Re: [Oletrucks] Battery location in a 55 First Series

To: James Hays <thomasind@nventure.com>, 'Carson Holloway' <my49chevytruck@hotmail.com>, "spencer-h@sbcglobal.net" <spencer-h@sbcglobal.net>, "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Battery location in a 55 First Series
From: Bob Chansler <bobchansler@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:58:42 -0800 (PST)
I took a different approach. I have a '49 burb and a '56 3200. The battery
tray on the 56 is 11 inches wide compared to 9.5 on the 49. I wanted to use
the larger group 78 battery in the burb. (The burb is 12 volts.) So I ground
off the rivets holding the tray bottom and ground off the rivets on the tray
arm on the right side. I moved the arm right up against the running board
arm.  I did have to cut off the flat part of the running board support  to get
it wide enough. I welded the battery box arm to the running board arm. I
ordered a tray bottom and top for a '56. The tray for a TF truck fits real
nicley in there.
Bob
Mead, CO

 From: