Re: [Oletrucks] Bed questions

To: James Wolford <jgwolford@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Bed questions
From: GALE GORMAN <gale_gorman@me.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 10:32:08 -0600
Cc: oletrucks@autox.team.net
On Feb 2, 2013, at 10:22 AM, James Wolford <jgwolford@aol.com> wrote:

I have questions about my 1957 short stepside pickup bed.  I have seen photos
of some trucks that do not have the 6 off set bolt washesr which hold the bed
to the frame.  I am wondering if anybody on the list has done this and how
they achieved it.  Is it possible to bolt the cross members to the frame so
that when the wood then lies over it and then once the wood is bolted down it
is all held in place?

Thanks,

Jim

I'm just wondering why you'd want to do that. I bought a '54 and the PO used 2"
square tubing instead of the hat section crossmembers. The wood was tongue and
groove with no metal strips.

I prefer the original look and not just for the look. I use my trucks and the
original setup holds up for years.

Gale Gorman
Houston

Oletrucks@autox.team.net