Re: [Oletrucks] Bed questions

To: K Ohlgren <kohlgren@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] Bed questions
From: Bruce Edgerton <beedge@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:16:31 -0500
Cc: oletrucks@autox.team.net, James Wolford <jgwolford@aol.com>
That's a great idea about using Trex! Hadn't considered it before, but as I
still have to build-up an entire new box and fenders for my '49 1/2 ton, I
should consider that idea.  Sure beats having the wood rot over time in New
England!

Bruce
On Feb 2, 2013, at 12:02 PM, K Ohlgren wrote:

> james; i did that on my bed. i bolted the bed x-members to the frame and
> routed out clearance for the bolt heads in the back of my bed wood. the
> rear bed sill still bolts to the frame and the 60 1/4'' bolts still hold
> the bed secure to the frame. my bed wood is trex plastic wood for decks.
> since they only manufacture one width i have one extra board and bed strip.

photobucket.com/albums/nn255/_ogre/bedwood<http://s306.photobucket.com/albums
/nn255/_ogre/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=1018001424.jpg>