Tool box rust prevention

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tool box rust prevention
From: Richard Grayson <rgrayson@atlanta.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 05:02:50
Living in the South, humidity is a constant problem with tools. My basement
workshop has a dehumidifier, so rust isn't a big concern there. However, my
garage is a different matter. How can I prevent rust on the tools in my
metal tool cabinet? I saw that Home Depot is selling some sort of drawer
liner that supposedly reduces rust -- anyone know if this works? Yes, I
could keep all the tools heavily oiled, but I don't like having to wipe
them off all the time. What about putting a low wattage bulb in the bottom
drawer -- would that help in keeping the interior dry? Thanks in advance!

Richard

Richard Grayson
rgrayson@atlanta.com
1985 Porsche 911, 1988 Saab 9000T, 1997 VW Cabrio (wife's)