Re: Tool box rust prevention

To: Shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tool box rust prevention
From: sdaw@mail.comet.net
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 19:38:29 -0500
At 05:52 PM 3/1/97 -0500, you wrote:

>eat it). I forgot the name, but it absorbs moisture, and when it gets
>saturated you just stick it in the oven at a very low temperature to drive
>off the accumulated moisture. It is then as good as new and can go back to
>work.

Silica Gel. Also avalible at your local hardware store is a product
called "Damp Gone" Comes in a tub like margrine. Nothing but
kitty litter -  Oil dry. I keep it in the gun cabinet to keep every thing
nice and dry. Works great

Steve in central Va where we have humid summers also
'64 Mini Cooper
'64 Corvette Coupe