Re: keeping 7018 rod dry

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net, "Richard George x 7247 (sun)" <rkg@etec.com>
Subject: Re: keeping 7018 rod dry
From: "Dunst, Mordecai" <mdunst@smtplink.coh.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 97 16:06:36 pst

     Richard:

     What I did was pretty simple and seems to work.  I got an old
     microwave oven (no I don't nuke them..).  I placed the rods into
     it and rigged-up an ordinary 60watt bulb to keep the inside warm.
     The oven "breathes" and moisture can escape.   It  is not well
     insulated so heat is lost.  I'm thinking of getting an old ice chest
     and doing something with it...and using a 20 watt bulb.  I would place
     a thermometer inside and check temp for an adequate temp.  What is
     an adequate temp?  I suspect any temp greater than ambient as long as
     it can breathe....

     Mordy