Re: Emergency kit

To: Scott Beckman <s-beckman@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Emergency kit
From: Arthur Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 10:17:07 -0400 (EDT)
I have an MGA and the throttle cable has a nasty habit of breaking. What
ever you are driving I would suggest something to repalce the cable with.
1/16 aircraft cable from the local hardware store works fine. Be sure to
get the lead cable stops. Another item  would be a fuel filter. I would
also include a good trouble shooting guide for the electrical system so
that you know what to look for. Along with this a few jumper cables (not
battery jumpers) to check and by pass the componants. A test light would
also come in handy. Although you can't carry everything a coil is
something to consider. As far as the AAA goes dump them. Call the
AUTOVANTAGE 1-800-288-9921 they cover all the cars in your household for
$59 a year and they rebate almost the whole amount back in the form of oil
change rebates. Buy a case of oil and a filter 4 times a year send them
the receipt and you get back 25% 50% 75% and 100%. For the 100% rebate I
buy Castrol GTX for $16..00 a case and a FRAM double guard filter for
$9.00 and get the total cost back. Not bad.