Re: Emergency kit

To: Drazen Gardilcic <drazen@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Emergency kit
From: Stuart MacMillan <stuart@cobaltgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 21:19:33 -0700
Regarding AAA: you get some free maps, you don't have to worry  about
your spouse getting stuck with a flat tire, and you don't need any cash
or credit cards to bail yourself out of a tow bill (or jail).  The last
major break down I had was in my 1984 Vanagon camper. The fuel line
popped off the connection way up by the engine and I couldn't have fixed
it by the side of the road without that small trailer full of stuff,
including a shower to clean up in (factory defect: the hose was not
clamped properly, fuel injection systems are high pressure).  AAA towed
me home for free, and a typical tow in town is at least $80, cash or
credit card only. I think this is a good deal, and I didn't even have a
bottle of scotch. (But AAA only tows three times before they cancel that
coverage on the same vehicle!) Stay lucky!