Best value shop tool

To: "Shop-Talk" <shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Best value shop tool
From: "Tony Clark" <lotus.tony@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 11:31:35 -0600
Everyone will have a different "nomination" for the "best value" tool
in his shop but my vote goes to the my "el cheapo" air hammer.   I
don't even know what brand it is; it only cost about 15 bucks and it
came with 4 different "bits".  It just keeps getting me out of
trouble:  it is great at turning big spanner-type nuts, installing
bearings and seals, loosening tie rod end tapers, hub splines and a
jillion other jobs.  I had a filing chore once which I eased by
u-bolting a file to an air-hammer chisel.  I needed to dig up some
rocky soil for  a fence post project: zapped it with the air-gun.  At
an air-show flea market, I was able to buy a big sack full of used
.401 bits for a couple of bucks.  Now, when I need some special bit,
I just weld, grind and shape whatever I need: saw blades, scrapers
etc.
Tony