Re: Tap and Die set

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: Tap and Die set
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:45:51 -0500 (EST)

I agree, think about how many wrenches you usually use..1/2...7/16 maybe
3/8 after that you probably could put the rest of the set away for a year
and never use it. The same with taps and dies. Actually why even bother
with a die, if the bolt is so srewed up that it needs rethreading then
you are better off buying a new one. The tap is another matter because you
can't always remove the part or replace it. Start with a few of the most
common sizes and for get the rest.
...Art