RE: come here, mousie...

To: "'shop-talk '" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: come here, mousie...
From: "Lin, Gary" <Gary.Lin@wang.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 17:27:43 -0400
Not exactly vacs, but one time hornets built a nest (round paper ball) in a
bush.  Waited til evening, then made a long contraption to hold a glue laden
cork stopper.  Slowly stuffed it in the hole, then quickly soaked the nest
with Bug-B-Gon.  Next morning, saw that they had died while trying to chew
their way out.

Gary Lin

A few years ago we had a bee swarm make it's home is our house, the
house had a small
break in the stucco, about inch and a half in diameter, and they moved
in there.  I
went out in the evening when they were dormaint. Taped a pipe to the
shop vac and
cleaned out the hive.
The shop vac smelled pretty sweet for a while after.