Re: Auto Transport Trailers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto Transport Trailers
From: Dave Williams <ronin@aristotle.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 04:46:41 -0600
Gil Fuqua wrote:

> This list is always an amazing source of good information.  Now that I know
> what the recommendations are for trailer tires, what are your thoughts about
> type of trailer (bumper pull vs. gooseneck) and brands of car trailers to
> recommend or avoid?

 Having pulled both, a gooseneck or fifth wheel is the way to travel if
you can put up with the necessary hardware.  No hitch weight problems,
no serpentine ya-yas in sidewinds, tighter turning radius, doesn't try
to unload the front wheels during hard braking, etc.

 I'm still using a drawbar hitch on the back because of the convenience,
but a friend's gooseneck rig is much nicer to drive.

--
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?