Re: tractor rec's

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tractor rec's
From: Mike Sloane <msloane@att.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 06:33:16 -0500
Actually, for about $2000 you can pick up an older, but still competent
tractor.
It will be larger than today's imported compact models, but still able to work
for longer days than you. Surf over to the Antique Tractor Internet Service
<www.atis.net>, sign up for the general list, and pose your question there -
you
will be amazed at the many friendly and useful responses you get. (By the way,
own half a dozen tractors from different manufacturers dating from 1947 to 1962
that would fit your description, but they aren't for sale).

Mike

Elton Clark wrote:

> Paul,
> Your note will go up on the bulletin boards of a many a tractor dealership
> where it will provoke months of laughs . .
>

>>I'm considering buying a used small tractor for doing hauling and pushing
>>around the (20 acres of hurricane wrecked woods)  over the NEXT 25 YEARS!
>>Any thoughts out there on something worthwhile (used) for around $1500 -
>>2000?

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
(msloane@att.net)
<http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>

"For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve
the quality of life, please press 3." --Alice Kahn