Re: Shop Rags

To: "Scott Hall" <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>, <dms@scheidt.chem.nd.edu>
Subject: Re: Shop Rags
From: "michael lowe" <mlowe@itrade-sa.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 22:12:13 -0700
Scott,
What I did a while back, was talked to a hospital laundry service and got
300 medium surgical drapes, they are blue, about 12" by 18-20", hemmed on
all sides, fairly good quality cotton, good absorbancy (logical), one nice
safety thing is they have a radio-opaque thread sewn in (better to find with
xray, if you lose one inside something). Much better wear than red rags.
Still use a good washing machine to wash them, though. Sometimes you can buy
used ones that are not too ragged as well. I found the service through a out
patient surgical center. Got some neat used scrubs and a couple surgical
gowns as well. Playing doctor can be fun in the shop.
Thats what I did.
Michael Lowe
Napa