Re: Shop Rags

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shop Rags
From: "Wayne" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:38:38 -0700
Thanks for all the replies on shop rags. I use the blue paper towels as
well. But I don't find they are as nice as a real shop rag for many things.
Could be because I grew up working at my Fathers service station, and we
always had a shop rag hanging out of the rear pocket.

I would rather not put these rags in the home washing machine and muck up
future washing of good clothes. Have thought about the extra washing machine
deal. But can't justify the floor space for something that is used once a
year at most. So, I guess that means the midnight run to the laundrymat for
me.

Interesting deal on the linseed oil rag combustion. Wouldn't you know it.
Out of the two piles of used rags I have, 95% of them are petrolium stuff.
However, I did finish the deck of my car trailer this year with linseed oil.
So a couple of those rags have linseed oil on them. Who knows if they are in
the fire proof container or in the open pile next to the container.

Wayne