Re: Granite care?

To: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@adelphia.net>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Granite care?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:22:30 -0500
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@adelphia.net>

> If you wish to take the precaution of sealing the granite, you might try
> something that is more specific natural tile.  I used TileLab I got at
> Depot on a granite countertop and a tumbled marble backsplash.  The marble
is
> extremely porous, however dried on spaghetti sause washes off the back
splash
> without leaving any stains.
>
> The TileLab is a clear liquid that can be used on colored grout.  I
replaced the
> cheapo builders flormica with granite floor tiles.  I used a grout the was
close
> to the color of the tiles.  The TileLab seal the grout well enough that
coffee
> stains [near] the coffee [maker] can be cleaned with a plastic mess
scrubber to look
> like new.
>
> The Gel-Gloss probable won't hurt the granite.  I suspect it is a surface
coat.
>   If so, it may wear.  TileLab is an absorbed liquid.  Six years and still
as
> good as new.

Sue bought a pint of TileLab SurfaceGard Penetrating Sealer.  Says "Maximum
protection for stone, marble, tile, grout, and masonry", "20 year
guarantee", "Repels dirt and stains", "Made with Teflon surface protector
only by Dupont".

I assume this is the same stuff.

Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
1970 Lotus Europa 65/2597, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Suburban, 1962 TR4 CT2846L
pethier@isd.net  http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.lotusowners.com