RE: General building question

To: <pethier@isd.net>, <Tim.Mullen@trw.com>, <gpd4@juno.com>,
Subject: RE: General building question
From: "Conrad" <conrad@conrad.uk.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:48:44 +0100
> Tell me again why you don't just put in an ordinary overhead
> garage door.

You mean an up and over type thing? Errrm, good question. Mainly because
it needs to be high enough to get the jcb in, and then it would hit a
car on the lift, but also because theres a major security problem with
the barn being in the middle of a field with no power for an alarm etc.
The doors that I make will be heavy, but strong. Hopefully.

In my experience up and over doors are not very secure against even a
basic crowbar type attack. Found out the hard way...

Conrad