Drill Press recommendations?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Drill Press recommendations?
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:01:29 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

So I managed to bend the spindle on my bench top drill press. :-/ I guess
using hole saws in ways they aren't designed to be used isn't necesarily
the smartest thing... :-)

So I gotta get a decent drill press.  I want a floor standing one of
machine shop quality.  Of course, I probably can't afford that, so I want
the next best thing.  Say $400 maximum?  I'll be using it mostly for metal
drilling.

Any recomendations?

Mark

(on the one hand, I'm kinda bummed to have broken my bench top one that
I've had for 10 years.  On the other hand, I've been wanting a "real"
drill press for some time, and could never justify it... :-)