Re: Drill Press recommendations?

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Subject: Re: Drill Press recommendations?
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 08:01:01 -0700
Mark,

Since you want an excuse to get a new drill press, this may not be what
you want to hear.

It is surprisingly easy to straighten the spindle on most presses. Set
up a dial indicator to measure spindle runout, clamp a piece of 1/2"
stock in the chuck, & tap on the apropriate side of the stock with a 4
pound hammer. You don't have to hit it real hard to bend the spindle any
direction that you wish. Keep tapping & measuring until the stock in the
chuck runs true.

Dave R.