Rear View Mirror Adhesive?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear View Mirror Adhesive?
From: Diane and Roland Dudley <csx2282@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:10:27 -0700
This at the fourth, maybe even the fifth time my rear view mirror
has fallen off since I had the windshield replaced a few years back.
The adhesive the glass shop used didn't work worth a damn and the stuff
I've used to reattach the mirror hasn't worked any better.   Probably
because it was the same junk.  What I've been using is the 2-part
Permatex
Rear View Mirror Adhesive available at most auto parts stores and even
some drug and grocery stores.  I've followed the included instruction to
the
letter, to no avail.  Since the rear view mirrors on my other cars don't
fall
off on a regular basis, I'm assuming there's something better out there!

What is it??

Advance thanks,

Roland