Re: carry around tool kit.

To: Skip Albright <salbrigh@nycap.rr.com>
Subject: Re: carry around tool kit.
From: nick brearley <nick@landform.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 07:58:23 +0000
At 22:08 28/01/04 -0500, you wrote:

>I often take a bus or a train to pick up a car, sight unseen.
>
>I need a tool kit that I can carry along that will get me out of simple
>calamities on the way home.
>
>It's easy to say, just put 'em all in there, but I have to carry this, so I
>need to be succinct.
>
>my list so far:
>
>small tote the size of a medium purse, Rubbermaid makes one
>3/8 ratchet and sockets
>gear wrenches
>screwdriver (reversible)
>vice grips
>hammer
>DVM
>wire crimper, wire and some ends
>
>what can I leave out?  what did I forget?

1/2 inch chisel
Duct tape, wrap some round the hammer handle
Tie wire
If you make the screwdriver a hex bit type you can take an assortment of
bits (torx etc depending on the car) Facom make a handy little folding one,
includes 6 bits
Latex gloves
Cable ties
Multitool. Leatherman Wave is useful

Hope that's not increased your burden too much.

Nick