RE: carry around tool kit.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: carry around tool kit.
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 18:19:04 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, john matthews wrote:
> >I never really understood the appeal of AAA.  Some folks seem to believe
> >that without AAA, you will be forced to sit stranded on the side of the
> >road until you slowly die of starvation.  Even without AAA, you can still
> >call for help.  You just have to pay.  So now it just becomes a financial
> >decision.  How often do you break down?  How much does a tow cost?  How
> >much does AAA cost?
>
> AAA  --  About $100
>
> Tow company  --  $50 hook charge, $5/mile
>
> If you break down 100 miles from home....
>
> You do the math.
>
> It's like any other insurance policy, you hope you never have to use it but
> if you do you'll be glad you paid. Also, all the free maps you want!!!!

Does AAA have any restrictions on the 100 mile towing thing?  Like only a
certain number of times a year or to the nearest dealer up to 100 miles
away or whatever?

It'd be worth it for insurance to me to have a guaranteed tow back to my
house with our used cars, but I can't see how AAA could make any money if
many people actually got stuff towed even 50 miles...

Mark