Fuel system replacement, tank to block, efi gm 350

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel system replacement, tank to block, efi gm 350
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:15:41 -0500
Hello,
I need to replace the whole fuel system on my 1990 chevy suburban w/tbi 350.
The truck is a chicago truck and everything is rusted out.
The fuel pump is dead and while trying to remove it all the lines just started
falling apart (I'm really suprised that they lasted so long, some of the
brake lines rusted through 3-4 years ago,and I've just been waiting to have
to replace all the lines).
Now the hard lines I can handle, it's the little things like the fuel pump
mount/inlet/outlet plate and lines, the braided flex lines from tank to
harline and from hardline to block.
Where can I find a replacement fuel pump mount w/all the lines (in/out/evap)?
I tried NAPA and they said no go, and everybody I ask says there aren't any
good junkyards left around here (S. IL, Carbondale area).

Also what should I use to replace the flex lines?
The napa guy said he's made up hydraulic lines for a fuel system, is this
safe?  I'm assuming he meant braided type lines, not rubber ones.
Is there something else I should use?

I'm sure I'm not the first person that this has happened to, especially on a
GM 350.

Thanks for any suggestions, it's really frustrating to have something this
easy be such a pain.
I hate rust.

Matt

Littlegrassy.com      Soy Candles, Bath and Body Works
Matt Wehland          mjw@littlegrassy.com