Re: Vinyl storage shed

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vinyl storage shed
From: <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 7:18:38 -0400
> So, I started looking at plastic type sheds and was wondering if you all
> have any experience with these?

Wayne,

I helpd my dad put one up about 2 yrs ago.  He bought his
from Lowe's.  Anyway, his is an 8' long X 10' wide with
a 4' extension for a total of 12'x10'.  The go up in 2
1/2 hrs.  I keep planning on getting one, but something
always comes up.  His base unit was about $600 and the
extension about $300 or $1,000 for the entire shed.

What dad did for the foundation/floor was to level off
some ground and then lay solid cinder blocks out to just
larger than the base.

The shed comes with a metal "U" channel that gets screwed
to the foundation, then the walls get screwed to the "U".

To me, now they are the only way to fly.  I agree with you
about the erector set metal sheds, wood sheds take a good bit of maintenance,
the plastic one is virtually maintenance
 free.

John