Re: [Shop-talk] fishing water line

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] fishing water line
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:12:39 -0800
> That said, I hooked up our refrigerator with polyethylene as
> soon as I'd put
> it back in place on new oak floors.  Two days later I noticed
> that the
> adjacent concrete floor was damp.  The plastic tubing had
> cracked at a
> fitting and dripped enough to warp the new floor.

While I've run RO water through soft copper for going-on 20 years (plus
however long it had been there before we bought the house, PO also had an RO
system) and never had a leak.

When we replaced the reefer last year, the line still looked fine.  I did
get a few drops the first night, but going another 1/4 turn on the poly side
nut fixed it.

Randall