[Shop-talk] Fastening wall sections to tile floor?

To: "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Fastening wall sections to tile floor?
From: "cornerexit" <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:01:43 -0800
I need to put up three short non-load bearing interior walls in my garage to
make an office space for my wife. Nothing fancy, just some walls to provide
some privacy and quiet for her office work. I'm considering these to be
temporary as we may need to pull them out when we sell the place as I think
having a real two car garage is more salable then half a garage with a
make-shift room in it. I don't want to use office partitions; I want 2x4
framed, sheet-rocked walls with one door opening.

The previous owner of this house was a tile contractor, and thus just about
everything that could be covered with tile IS covered with tile, including
the mail box post and the garage floor. If I were setting these walls on a
typical concrete floor I'd drill holes in the sill plate and shoot those
nail anchors in that you use the little .22 caliber anchor gun for (can't
remember the proper name, but I have one around here somewhere).

Should I try this same method for anchoring the walls to the tile floor? Or
maybe drill beyond the tile into the concrete and try to use an extra long
anchor if they make such a thing? Is there another method to anchor wall
sections to a tile floor?

Thanks

Wayne