Re: [Shop-talk] #!@#*@* Cordless Drill Batteries!!!

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] #!@#*@* Cordless Drill Batteries!!!
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:25:03 -0600
My main concern with converting any tool to a different type of battery
is whether the charger for the old battery type will charge the new
batteries completely, and not over charge them.  I have no idea how
close Lithium Ion battery charging specs are to NiCads.

My uncle is working with a new (several year old) battery technology
that I can't remember the name of. They are used in remote controlled
airplanes to power the plane's engine. They are really finicky with
their charging. If not charged exactly correctly the batteries explode!

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Randall:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001