Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers - operating Costs

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers - operating Costs
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 11:17:33 -0500
I put ours in Standby whenever we're not using it.  The HDD spins down, and
whatever is being recorded constantly as yo put it, will stop recording.

We've had the Tivo for over 3 years now, but now it periodically reboots
itself while watching shows, which makes me think one day there will be no TV
and we'll have to act quick to replace it with the same thing.

The deals on Verizon's TV service and bundling made it too hard to pass up.
With a new season of 'Lost' coming, I'm excited now to have HD in the house.

PJ

> Unless I put it in standby it's always on and the hard drive is always
> spinning. As computers go it's pretty low powered; I know that the cooling
> fan seldom, if ever, comes on. I just had it apart yesterday to add a
> network card and I was amazed at how clean it was inside, considering that
> it hasn't been opened in years. Everytime I look inside my desktop computer
> there's a new shag carpet growing in there that needs to get blasted out.
> I think my Tivo's CPU is somewhere between a 60-90MHz PowerPC.
>
> --Marcus
>

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, PJ McGarvey wrote:
>>
>> Makes me wonder what kind of power my DirecTV Tivo DVR uses as well.
Anyone