Re: [Shop-talk] pipe threader

To: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pipe threader
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 13:41:58 -0400
On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Marc <smarc@smarc.net> wrote:
> Might be ok, then. I figure maybe 10 joints tops that I need to make. Any
> use beyond that would be very very occasional...

Yeah, I'd think that's fine.  The big problem is that they're slow.
And they don't work very fast.  And it takes a long time to cut
threads.  And it's from HF, so I'd bet the die isn't very good.  And
it's slow.  Did I mention it's slow to use one of these?

The last time I put a bunch of pipe in, we had the full pieces
threaded, and the cuts we knew we could make in advance.  The few
pieces we threaded (maybe 6 or 8) took about as much time to thread as
it did to install the rest of the 30X60 loop.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com