Re: [Shop-talk] pipe threader

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] pipe threader
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:29:21 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

Yeah, that's it.  Though I thought I saw it in a sale catalog for $99.

Looking for that, I notice that they've got the manual sets on sale:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/tabviewer/startBrowseBook.do?bookid=212&preview=&type=RET&simple=
page 16.

I've never used the electrical one, but the handheld manual one has worked
fine for me on a few different projects.

I'd rather stab myself in the eye than have to premeasure everything I'd
need to cut so that the store can thread it for me...

But even still, you only end up cutting/threading the non-full pipe
lengths on a job, so its not like you're going to do a ton of threading
anyway unless you're doing something odd.

Mark