Re: [Shop-talk] Storing tie-downs

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Storing tie-downs
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 08:01:01 -0400
At 11:01 PM 8/28/2008, Wayne wrote:

 >I was curious if people have any creative ways of storing tie-downs such as
 >ratchet straps, motorcycle tie-downs, bungee cords etc. Right now I keep all
 >of mine in several rubber totes all thrown together inside, and as you can
 >probably guess getting a couple of tie-downs out of the tangled mess can be
 >frustrating. There must be a better way.

I friend of mine keeps each of his rolled up into a rool with the
ratchet in the
center.  Then he uses tie wraps to keep them intact.  When put something on
his trailer and ties it down, he recoils the free end tie down and uses  some
tie wraps to hold that roll together.  So the free ends aren't flying
or dragging
all over the place.

John
Va. Beach, Va