Re: [Shop-talk] (yet another) air compressor question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] (yet another) air compressor question
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:47:10 -0400
At 05:04 PM 10/1/2008, Marcus Pless wrote:

 >I recently moved into a new place that actually has enough room for an air
 >compressor. I'm looking for something that would be general purpose
in nature
 >and relatively inexpensive......

 >but I don't want to shoot myself in the foot with a woefully inadequate air
 >supply for down the road. My budget is probably in the $300 range.

Marcus,

I'd look for something that is oil lubed, a 30 gal or bigger storage tank, and
220V.  I purchased a Craftsman compressor like that back in about '90 for
$380.

You can definately get some small ones for about $100 to inflate tires and run
a nail gun, but that's about it.

If you can forsee doing any type of automotive work, body work, or
even finishing
wood work, metal work - media blasting,  I'd go the extra money and get a
compressor like I described or bigger.   I'd rather have spent a
little too much
and have more compressor than I need, than not have the ability to do some
thing in the future.  (Spelled through away the old one and buy a new one.)

John
Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229

                        65 Rambler Classic