Re: [Shop-talk] water heaters and hot water loops?

To: scott hall <scott.hall@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water heaters and hot water loops?
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 02:46:20 +0000 (UTC)
----- "scott hall" <scott.hall@comcast.net> wrote:

> now I just have to figure out if a passive loop system really works.

Passive loop systems really work, providing that the sink is significantly
higher than the water heater.

My pipe-fitter father put this system in the house he had built in 1963.  I
just sold the house in November, and I could walk into the house after being
gone for a day or two and get hot water in any of the sinks right away.  I
think about that sometimes while waiting for hot water in my own house.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier