Re: [Shop-talk] water heaters and hot water loops?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] water heaters and hot water loops?
From: scott.hall@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 03:08:05 +0000 (UTC)
I'm thinking that will be the issue I have. in florida it's slab-on-grade and
my house is single story, which is part of the reason for the loop--a large
single story house is going to have at least one fixture a good long wait from
the heater.

what's 'significant', phil? I'm planning to run the loop in the attic, as far
above the heater tank as I can, and have 'drops' to the individual sinks, much
like a compressed air line setup. I figure the water in the drops will be cool,
but that's six or seven feet of pipe vs. 60 or 70 feet in some places.

I also figure I'll have to put the low (cold) part of the loop just a foot or
two below the hot part, or else figure out how to commandeer the existing
plumbing in the slab to be the return line. I'm going to try that first, but
since a lot of the fixtures will move that probalby won't work.

scott