Re: what is this?!?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: what is this?!?
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 00:15:29 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Yikes!  The list just started and already there's controversy!  So, to
stick my nose into the foray---  The original post that stirred it up
was apparently misunderstood.

"Spridget" commonly refers to Sprites from Mk II on up and all chrome
bumper Midgets.  Since these cars evolved from the original "Frogeye"
Sprite, both "Frogeyes" and "Spridgets" should be equally welcome on a
"Spridgets" list.

"Spitfidget" refers to rubber bumper Midgets.  Though not really a
"Spridget", they are, however, Midgets, and should also be welcome on a
"Spridgets" list.  In addition (and this ought to stir up some trouble),
I think the later Spitfires (also Midgets underneath) should also be
welcome, although I doubt that they will appear here anyway.

None of the terms is intended to offend anyone; they're just what they
are.

In short, they're all great cars, although everyone feels theirs is the
best (which is normal).  Lets keep things in perspective and lighten up
a little.  We can learn a lot from each other here, so lets not start
the petty bickering so soon.

(Nyahh Nyahh,  My car's better than yours!    - Now doesn't than sound
silly?)

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort