Re: Master Cylinders

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinders
From: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 11:55:22 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry

Are you thinking that 7/8 may be the way to go with MGB calipers? If so,
that may influence my decision to go toward big brakes. What is involved in
the Big Brake conversion? Is it just a matter of bolting on the Spitfire
rotors and MGB calipers? That sounds too easy. I'm getting swivel
axles/hubs (and rotors but I don't know condition) from a friend who is
converting a disc brake midget to wire wheels and need to get rebuildable
calipers (and maybe rotors) anyway.

If I have to switch to the 3/4 bore to go with Spridget discs, and if I
decide to go that way, I will end up with a surplus 7/8 bore MC. It was
brass-sleeved and rebuilt less than a year ago, in case you need one.

Phil Vanner
61 Midget