Re: PPG Deltron Paint

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Darren_Jameson@ILLINOVA.COM
Subject: Re: PPG Deltron Paint
From: Leo Speichinger <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 21:12:51 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Darren_Jameson@ILLINOVA.COM wrote:

> Has anyone had the same results as I've had with this paint?
>
> My '66 B was sandblasted prepped and primed as any normal car would have.
> I used PPG grey primer (2 coats) and PPG Deltron basecoat / clearcoat. I
> might add that it is a lovely deep met. green from a '93 BMW.  It was
> painted in a clean garage with filtered air.  Humidity was nil, since it
> was in the fall.
> Anyway, after wet sanding and buffing it looked spectacular.  After a
> couple of months the paint started developing tiny pinhead size bubbles on
> the trunklid and bonnet.  I still have a half gallon can of this stuff, so
> I might give it another try in the spring.
> Any ideas what might cause this?
> Still trying,
> Darren Jameson
> '66 B (Almost)

Any time when taking metal down to bare finish as you do by blasting
always use a two part epoxy etching primer and you will not have that
problem. A good brand is Sherwin Williams E2-G980 etching filler. It has
to be mixed 1 to 1 ratio with R7-K982 which is the activator. Once dry
it is extremly hard to bead blast off as it attaches and seals to the
micro ridges of the blasted metal.

If you have any questions
ldsp@flash.net