Re: Brake Line Kits

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake Line Kits
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:11:44 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
British suppliers sell purpose-made kits for brakelines using a copper alloy
that works well.  British magazines have reviewed and recommended the lines
after testing, etc.  I've had a complete set on the MGB, for ten years now,
and no problems at all.  If I was doing the job today, I would likely use
regular Bundy tube, but I'd also be replacing at least some of the lines by
now, and the copper lines are still like new.

The warning about copper is valid, since all commonly available copper line
is NOT the special alloy used by the British manufacturers of the Kits.
That said, I suspect that the Kit lines may not meet various local
licenscing regulations...

Brian