Re: First Outing

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: First Outing
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 15:41:36 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jetting for the 948 and 1275 can be very similar - they both used the same
needles in the SU's in some years.  The 1275 gives greater signal at the
jet, thus pulling more fuel, and so the same jetting seems to be ok.

Webers need 2.5# fuel pressure, less than SU's, and less than almost all
electric fuel pumps.  But too much fuel would cause it to run rich, at
cruising speeds, and would show up on the plugs.  Check float levels, and
check for dirt in the carb - Webers have pretty tiny idle jets that clog
easily, and the car is running on the idle jets when cruising at 60 mph!
main jets come into play at 1/3 throttle or so, and under acceleration.

Brian