Re: First Outing

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: First Outing
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 16:34:48 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Larry,

I put a Weber on my Spitfire a few years back, and I did have to put an
in-line regulator in (Purolator - $15 bucks at Pep Boys, $42 from Victoria
British).  Basically, it has 5 settings that are various diameter orifices.
 The aftermarket fuel pump I had installed was flooding it constantly.  In
general, Webers should receive a maximum pressure of 3.5 psi, although from
the color of your plugs it doesn't sound like you're running rich.  I, on
the other hand, just discovered a broken(!) jet that made me understand why
my SU's have been making anyone who walks by my Bugeye's tailpipe look like
an extra from "The Jolson Story".  Anyway, I found Pat Braden's "Weber
Carburetors" book (HPBooks) to be an excellent reference source.  Good
luck.

Ron Soave
'61 Bugeye