RE: Bump Steer

Subject: RE: Bump Steer
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:08:43 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Geometrically speaking, bump steer will be minimized when the tie rods are
level, i.e. the wheel moving up or down will have the minimum effect on
steering.  Of course, it is possible that some bump steer is desired and
you are trying to CONTROL it rather than MINIMIZE it, but I don't know
about that.

Ulix

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Larry G. Miller wrote:

> Anyone know what the angle of the arms should be relative to the rack?  From
> frontal pictures of original cars with the hood up it looks to be pretty
> straight when at rest. When I lowered the Bugeye it kind of messed up the
>bump
> steer, not bad but noticeable.  I'm going back to stock springs anyway
>because
> of ride height but I was just wondering.

                                                           '67 Sprite